Monday, September 21, 2009

First Day in Werder!

Hallo alle!

Hey guys Farhan here, I will be speaking to you about my first day with the Hoeppner family. Getting home from the airport I realised that I was not so tired so we decided to see Werder on land and by lake. When I arrived at the Hoeppner's home I was greeted by a furry guest called 'Goddi', my host family's dog, this friendly fellow jumped into my lap when i sat down and said hello with a lick to my cheek. We travelled through Werder in the forest walking Goddi and saw that this little town had a lot in common with our own home, Auckland. The scenery was a big similarity as we saw ourselves surrounded by trees and bushes as if we were in New Zealand, Werder is a very beautiful town. We then came back home and drove down to the docks where we unhooked and drove around one of the Werder lakes in my host families' boat. We took many pictures of the water and land surrounding it as we drifted around the lake, conversating and just relaxing on my first day in Werder. Overall it was a lovely day and I hope we will have many more like it in my 3 week stay, in Werder

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment