Sunday, October 4, 2009

hey everyone Laura here!(i know my family will be happy to see i have finally written something on the blog)
today my sunday started off with my host family driving me to Dresden, yes this is the same city Katie visited last week also. Stopping off at the famous Mc Donalds to have breakfast(their breakfast menu is infact different to NZ). Then carrying on our 2 hour drive to Dresden.
Arriving there was amazing my host family pointing out buildings left, right and centre. we finally parked the car,(my host dad wanted the cheapest carpark). then we walked through the old city as they call it. my host dad paid for us to be shown the city by bicycle, saving us from walking in the cold and rain :). the poor tour guide was asked to speak english, but in the end he spoke as much as possible and susan translated the rest. the city was amazing all the old buildings and other sights to be seen. my favourite sight had to be the Frauenkirche, which is the main church of the town, they rebuilt it after the war, but it still contains old blocks from the orginal building.
After our lovely tour we went to have some nice lunch, as we were starving. once ,lucnh was done we went in the Frauenkirche and up tower to look out over Dresden, not only was the view amazing but the inside of the church took my breath away, it was soo stunning and beautiful. once we had climbed up and then back down the millions of stairs, we went to the porcellin musuem, it was very interesting.
For the rest of the afternoon, as girls do we went shopping. i had a very enjoyable time seeing another city of Germany and i am very grateful to my host family for taking me there.
Thats all for now
take care everyone
Love Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment